Losing your teeth can happen in different ways. You might have had an accident or an illness which caused your teeth to fall out or you’re simply getting older and your gums are receding.
Obviously, this doesn’t only affect your self-esteem due to visible gaps in your smile, but also causes problems with eating foods. On top of that, missing permanent teeth can have knock-on effects to neighbouring and opposite teeth, such as movement, drifting and even losing more teeth.
Many dental practitioners in London offer a wide variety of dental implant procedures, but at Angel Smile London we offer a special time- and pain-saving procedure called “All on 4 dental implants”. Usually, dental implants are the more expensive treatment compared with dentures, but with our latest modern technique they are the most cost-effective dental replacement option lasting for years.
See what the easy, quick and stress-reduced procedure entails:
What are the benefits of All-on-4 dental implants?
If you lost all your teeth or few remaining teeth are hopeless, then this modern dental implant procedure will be ideal for you. Here’s why:
- Instead of placing several single fixtures under your gum for every single missing tooth, you’ll only require 4 tooth implants in the lower jaw placed in strategic locations. A fixed cosmetic dental bridge will then be placed on them and you’ll have a full range of amazingly beautiful teeth to show. This saves you a lot of time, pain and money! For the upper jaw you might need up to 6 dental implants, depending on the condition of your jaw bone.
- Improved bone preservation is another plus here! Dental implants preserve the jawbone better as they sit inside it. Dentures rather accelerate jawbone shrinkage as they only sit on the gums. Therefore, dentures must be adjusted more often compared with dental implants.
- Better comfort, better you! As the dental implants are fitted into your jawbone and the cosmetic dental implant bridge is attached to them, they feel like your real teeth. No unwanted movement, no worries about eating certain foods or even losing them – yes, smile!
- Better appearance, better performance! Your facial features are affected by missing teeth or receding jaws and can make you appear older than you are. All-on-4 dental implants act like your real teeth and keep your cheeks and lips voluminous.
- Fast treatment with long-lasting results: This modern procedure provided by your dental implant experts in London is much quicker, producing immediate results in just a few hours. Plus, you’ll happily and comfortably wear your dental implants over decades, if you look after them.
Dr Amin Amenien is an expert implantologist trained at the Royal College of Surgeons in London. He is an accredited practitioner for the All on 4 procedure by the most renowned centre for this treatment in the world, MALO CLIN, in Lisbon.